Sweet Bean Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 60g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 100g plain flour
- Mix the eggs, caster sugar and honey together in a bowl. Sift in the flour, and mix briefly with a spatula.
- Leave the mix to rest, at room temperature, for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick frying pan on a low heat. Take 1tbsp of the mixture and spread in a circle onto the pan, around 8cm in diameter.
- When small bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancake over and cook until golden.
- Place the pancakes on a plate. Moisten a tea towel, squeeze out all the excess water, then place over the pancakes to stop them from drying out. Leave to cool.
- Take two pancakes and fill with some pre-prepared anko, either the smooth koshian type or the whole bean tsubuan style.
Jazz up your dorayaki by getting creative with your bean paste ? you can add whipped cream, cream cheese, orange peel or whatever else takes your fancy to start creating new taste and texture combinations.